Named after a rapid on the Green River, The Hog Wallow Pub is located kitty-corner to the historic Old Mill ruin at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon. It is the latest reincarnation of the oldest and most notorious bar in the Cottonwood Heights area. Established in 1947 by a returning World War II veteran who converted an abandoned Civilian Conservation Corps bunkhouse into an out of the way watering hole he named "The Branding Iron". Over the years the bar has changed names a number of times most notably, The Wagon Wheel, Demete's, The Fox and Bottle Inn and D. J.'s Beer Garden. In 1997 the bar was transformed into The Hog Wallow Pub.
Since it's opening, Hog Wallow has received a number of awards including: City Search's "Best Outdoor Bar," City Weekly's "Best Neighborhood Bar" and "Best Escape From Downtown," and Salt Lake Magazine's "Best Suburban Bar." Most recently 2010 City Weekly proclaimed us the "Best bar to find your fathers name carved in the ceiling" and in 2011 we received Salt Lake Magazine's Best of the Beehive award for "Best Patio."
The Hog Wallow features local and out of state bands. Genres include Americana, Reggae, Blues, Funk, Soul to Jazz.
Music begins between 9:30 and 10:00 pm. Click here to see all of this month’s performances.